Steve and Angie

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The good old summer time!

This is a picture of Steve and Nathan working on a truss for the deck. S

teve wanted to get a tarp roof on before our Memorial Day picnic. We also added a tether ball post to the back yard for this year's picnic. Steve really enjoys having people over. I'm glad I have a husband that is "given to hospitality".

Before summer gets underway completely, I'm trying to get a major clothes sorting project done. I've had donated and outgrown/unwanted clothes starting to make a huge pile in my attic. I've had a really hard time finding time to tackle this project, but I'm hoping to finish the girls pile tonight. I've already had kids destroy my stacks twice, so I need to finish up before it happens again.

Right now I'm sitting on my beautiful deck watching the kids play on the swingset and eat freezer pops. I'm so glad it is summer! It is nice to have their energy bouncing off the grass instead of the walls in my house.

I've been thinking about a Bible study for myself for the summer. I know most Bible study groups take off the summer, but it seems to be the time when I'm a little more flexible (as flexible as a mom with 8 kids can be, I guess). I asked Steve today if he would just give us homework from Bible study at church, but I'm not sure he was going for that idea. I know I should just make the decision to study something on my own, but I thought the accountablility in a group Bible study would be really good for me right now.

Well, I know this will shock you, but some of the kids are complaining about a sibling, so I better go play mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment