Steve and Angie

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 31, 2010

Relaxing on Memorial Day

This weekend was full of celebrations! Friday night was the KASH graduation. Saturday we spent the day (again) working on outside projects getting ready for our Memorial Day picnic last night. Saturday night we went to the booming town of Windfall for a wild graduation open house for two girls from church.

Sunday was an interesting milestone for Hannah, Sarah and I (although Hannah wasn't even at church). After teaching the girls in Sunday School for many years (best I can figure it has been about five years), we have decided to move them up to Steve's class next week. Since our church is so small, we only have three classes for kids. It really is hard to believe they are moving into the "youth group" phase of life.

We had a special time during our worship service as all the veterans sang the Battle Hymn of the Republic. There was one line I really liked that I hadn't thought much about before . . . wish I could remember it now . . . something like "as He died to make men holy, let us live to make men free".

We also had a recognition time for all six of our graduates. I just can't help but think about how my kids will be there soon. Sarah is already looking forward to graduation she told me yesterday.

Sunday night we hosted a cookout for . . . well, anyone that wanted to come. Steve and I counted afterward, and we think there were 66 people here. And the deck is still standing :) ! It is always nice to have our friends over! I did, however, pretty much take today off (the rain helped with that).

Steve is in the basement watching some war movies to celebrate Memorial Day right now *thanks Walt (where is that sarcasm button)*. Noah watched a bit of one movie and told me all about how the Jerks (his pronunciation of Germans) stole our plans, loaded cannons, etc. It is just a male thing I think!

The next big event on the calendar is the KASH leaders meeting we are hosting Friday night. It is only six families, but you know some of those crazy homeschoolers and their large families! I don't think we will hit 66 again, but it might be close.

We are also looking forward to awarding the Steadfast Achievement award to Hannah and Sarah on Sunday morning . . . yes, they are officially graduating from Olympians to the teen group this year.

Our family is finishing up our reading of Job. What an interesting book and reminder to trust God. Were you there? I'm glad I know the One that was there when everything began!

Well, Noah is giving me minute by minute updates on what time it is, so I better wrap this up. He got too much of a nap today! If I were a dilligent homeschool mom, I'd whip out some reading books and teach him to read right now. I'll have to let you know if that happens. :) Oh wait, Ruth is awake for her first snack of the night . . . it just might be a long night!

No comments:

Post a Comment