Steve and Angie

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Packing break

I know, I know! The last thing I should be doing two days before vacation is taking time to blog, but really, packing is going pretty well, considering what I have to work with. :) It is my poor husband that has a list a mile long that we should all feel sorry for. Three weeks of bulletins, car repairs, trailer repairs, yard work . . .

I was just reminded last night of how the Lord often grants us special desires that aren't really even needs, so I thought I should share. A few days ago, I mentioned to Steve that I really was hungry for a steak. Now, Steve is a big steak eater (I'm sure you are all shocked), but I don't usually get hungry for a steak, so it was a bit out of character for me. Anyway, last night a friend dropped by with her father. Steve had helped them out a few weeks ago and he brought by a gift for Steve. A big box of steaks. So, Steve and I had steak after the kids were in bed last night. Noah was still up when I was cooking them, and he told me he wanted soem of "that" on vacation. LOL! No daddy and mommy hamburgers for you!

A friend of mine mentioned on facebook last week that she was watching MacGuyver on the internet. That got me to thinking about the shows I used to watch as a kid, so last night I also dug out a TV movie my grandpa had taped for me years ago: The Eight is Enough Family Reunion. I had forgotten that I really liked that show when I was a kid. Ah, memories.

So, now I have to decide if I want to do more packing and cleaning, or if I want to read the new World magazine that Steve brought home. Ah, there is always tomorrow to finish packing! :) Of course, tomorrow I will be making the rice crispie treats and muddy buddies because if I make them today, they will be gone by Thursday (and that is even without Hannah and Sarah here).

No comments:

Post a Comment