Steve and Angie

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fall frenzy

I know it has been forever since I've blogged (dramatic exaggeration learned from living with a 12.5 year old girl). I've blogged about 20 times in my mind, but getting to the computer hasn't been easy lately. I wish I could just recap the last few weeks since vacation, but that would just be impossible and really, really boring. So, I guess I'll just start with today and work back until I get interrupted.

Today I woke up still very tired from the day yesterday (yeah, so maybe working backwards won't work so well). The house was in the post-bomb state from last night, but of course you don't know about that yet. :) After church a lady came up and asked me what I needed for the "Olympian thing". I thought she was asking about something for Wed. and I was totally confused. Turns out (and you pastor's wives will really appreciate this) we were having a meeting at our house today that Steve has kinda forgotten about (so I'd never heard about it). Praise the Lord, Steve suggested when they planned the meeting that they not make me cook lunch. Anyway, I raced home with the girls and did a mad clean up of the downstairs, minus my room which NEVER gets cleaned in those situations. :( Another blessing was that Kathy Miller, a former pastor / missionary wife was the first to arrive and helped me finish up my dishes. That is a good friend when you don't feel bad letting them help you with the dishes.

Yesterday was our crazy day! Sarah left early in the morning for a choir "thing" in Lafayette. Steve dropped her off, fed a relatives cat, checked on a part for our broken washer (more on that later), and picked up some milk for us. I stayed home and made four dozen cinnamon rolls and finished packaging all our goodies for the bake sale. I ended up taking cupcakes, carmel corn, and cinnamon rolls. Steve went to church to work while I took Nathan and Esther to help set up for the barn dance. My good friend was doing the concession stand, so I took a good amount of roasters, crockpots, etc. In the afternoon I crazily made the decision to finish some crochet work I had started for the craft sale instead of cleaning up all the bake sale mess . . . because, after-all, there is always Sunday to clean that up. :) So, in the afternoon, Steve went to Sarah's concert, and I headed back to the barn to get ready. The barn dance turned out pretty well and I couldn't believe how quickly I sold all my bake sale items. I think it has a lot to do with the wonderful friends God has put in my life that were gracious enough to buy all my goodies. Around 11 we got news that Hannah's volleyball team has come in second place in the state tournament! Very exciting for all of us!

Friday. . . seems like a really long time ago! Oh yes, the washer! As I'm sure you can all imagine, we run our washing machine a few times a day, usually. Friday afternoon it started acting up. We have had infant socks get into the pump three times already, so we figured that was the problem. This was while I was making carmel corn, cupcakes and supper, of course. I helped Steve tear it all apart. Turn out there was no sock, but we did find a quarter, two nickles, six pennies, a charm, a token and a few keys in the trap to the pump. We put it all back together, and it still didn't work. Take two and we found a piece of Lincoln Log in the pump. Put it all back together and it worked (yipee), but it leaked all over the place. Not as bad as the dishwasher leaking into the basement on Monday, but a pretty good mess.
Well, I have a wee one crying at my side. But for everyone that wonders what goes on in those large families, now you have a bit of a picture. The Lord's sustaining grace is needed every day! Trying to mold our children in godliness, survive the thrills of homeownership, allow each child to develop their God given talents and interests . . . no rest for the weary body here on earth, but I'm looking forward to rest in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment