Steve and Angie

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Our week at camp

I've thought a bit more about a happy marriage. I think that fulfilling
Biblical roles goes a long way in making a happy marriage. So, if the wife respects the husband and the husband loves the wife, that would be a very good start! Also, certainly the Lord blesses some marriages more than others perhaps. He is God after all, He can do as he pleases.

So, this week the family has been at Twin Lakes camp. It is a lot less stressful this year because I have Hannah and Sarah to help with all the little ones. I am eating way too much, but enjoying it none-the-less. Noah and I have been on several hikes, and I have done a whole lot of paddleboating (which is a way to justify all that I'm eating). The ponds have an overpopulation of fish, so fishing is pretty exciting for the kids. Ruth doesn't sleep well at nights, so I'm getting a taste of what life on vacation will be like.

The girls both did really well in 4-H this year. We weren't able to see the final results of the projects because we had to be at camp on Monday morning, but my mom looked up everything (and remembered most of it, I think).
Hannah: blue on sewing (which she was lucky to get after she told the judge sewing wasn't for her), honor on bike and shooting sports (although she earned a trophy on this, so I'm not sure how that worked), and champion on personality and garden.
Sarah: blue on foods and sewing, honor on microwave cooking and make-with-a-mix, and (we think) reserve champion on crocheting.

Next Monday my Cedarville roomie will be at our house with her family. I didn't know if we would ever see each other when I graduated, but we have seen each other quite a bit over the last 15 years.

It is hard to believe that July is half over! The summer always flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment