Time to evaluate my goals from last year:
1. The family is reading through the New Testament together this year. Seems a bit whimpy after reading the whole Bible last year, but this way we can work on other things as well.
We did it. Steve also did a little Old Testament reading toward the end of the year. He is reading in the morning during breakfast now as well as at night, so we can get through a lot more in a day.
2. Memorize the book of Ephesians with the kids. I only got through about two or three verses before our Christmas break from school, but I really want to try to memorize two or three verses a week.
Failed! :( Things were okay until Mary came, then summer break, and my mono . . . We learned two chapters and were starting on the third when I got sick. This will have to be a repeat goal for next year.
3. Well, this will have to wait a few months, but I'm really determined to get in shape after the baby is born and run a 5K. I've wanted to do the Raptor Run at the Creation Museum for several years now, so maybe this will be the year!
Completed! I finally got to run the Raptor Run this year. I would love to do it again next year with my little sister (as long as she promises not to beat me)!
4. I have got to do a better job of grading Hannah and Sarah's books! I grade as I go with the three little ones, but I am way too far behind on the older girls' work!
Well, I'm doing really well keeping up with what needs to be recorded for a high school transcript. I can't say I do well grading other things, but I'm okay with what we are doing now.
5. I'm trying to think of how I can incorporate an exercise program into our day (PACL memories abound- for my Cedarville friends). I haven't really figured out how I will find time for it yet!
We did really well running in the spring and summer. I haven't done anything with the kids since fall hit though.