Steve and Angie

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 13, 2010

A most dreadful thing has happened! I have lost my pocket calendar. It was in my wallet at the library when Ruth got hold of my wallet, so I'm hoping it fell out there and is sitting safely in the lost and found. I am the official calendar keeper of the family, and quite a calendar it is!

We don't get the newspaper, but I happened to see a copy the other day. I was most distressed to read an article about Al and Tipper Gore. Married in 1970 (40 years of marriage), no fault-divorce . . . hmmmm. I read something the other day that said it is a lot harder to get out of a mortgage contract than it is a marriage contract these days. Now, the Proverbs say that a fool vents all his feelings, so I'm not going to do that, but I will say I fall somewhere between frustrated and horrified with the veiw of the holy institution of marriage in our time. Today Steve had a message on the role of parents to teach the Word of God to their children. So just in case there is a doubt, I'm promising to teach my children the Word of God, including the command to remain pure until marriage, to keep the marriage bed pure and to tell the truth when they say "till death do us part" . . . hmmm, maybe people don't even say that anymore . . . it has been a while since I've been to a wedding!

On a more positive note, Hannah and Sarah have blogs now. I thought it would be both good typing, spelling and writing practice for them. Hannah wrote something the other day and is looking forward to comments (not that I know how to do that). I'll try to link her site in here sometime.

1 comment: